Update : 6th July 2020
We are delighted to be able to welcome you again. You can book your stay here.
Full details about the available facilities can be found in the guidance below.
Please read this guidance before making a booking to ensure you are fully aware of our current operating practices and the facilities which will be open.
We particularly ask you to pay attention to the Track and Trace system we will be implementing for all customers, including holiday home owners and seasonal touring customers. This is a government requirement.
We ask that if your local area goes into localised lockdown that you do not visit us to protect our staff and our local community. Please call us on 015242 61272 to discuss your options or email us on email@example.com.
Our guidance can be found here:
Please note: We do not require track and trace details from Touring customers as we already have you details from your booking.
Our trade association, BH&HPA, have kindly put together this video for holiday home owners who have been unable to use their holiday home for some time. These are some simple steps you should undertake to ensure the safety and smooth running of your holiday time on your return.
This video is also relevant to our Seasonal Touring owners too so well worth a watch, even if everything isn’t entirely relevant to you:
Update: 26 June 2020
Holiday Home and Seasonal Touring Owners:
Please note that for the foreseeable future, our public shared facilities will not be in use. This means there will be no access to the toilet block, information room, play area or games room. The chemical toilet will be open. Therefore, we ask that you only visit us if you can be self sufficient in your tourer/motorhome/campervan or trailer tent.
We are committed to ensuring all of our customers, guests, staff and the local community remain safe and comfortable during this post-pandemic period.
We have therefore produced the below guidance to demonstrate practices and procedures we are putting in place to keep you safe and how we would like you to behave whilst on the park and in the local area.
We ask that all owners and customers read this guidance before travelling to the park for the first time since the pandemic placed our country in a restricted state.
Covid-19 Government guidance for the public
For more information on Coronavirus, please visit the Public Health England website: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
1. The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia). If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for at least 7 days from when your symptoms started (if you live alone), or 14 days (if you live with someone who has symptoms). You do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
2. Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water, particularly after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose, or after being in public areas where other people are doing so. Use hand sanitiser if that’s all you have access to.
3. To reduce the spread of germs when you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or your sleeve (not your hands) if you don’t have a tissue, and throw the tissue in a bin immediately. Then wash your hands using soap and water or use a hand sanitising gel.
4. Clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces using your regular cleaning products to reduce the risk of passing the infection on to other people.
Update: 23rd March 2020
Following Government guidance requiring all holiday parks to close for commercial use, Riverside will be closed from 5pm today for the foreseeable future.
Update: 21st March 2020
Following Government guidance and decisions in the last couple of days, we have the following updates:
The Games room will be closed until further notice.
The launderette is still open, but we ask that there is only one person in there at a time.
The information room is locked. If you would like to borrow a book from the honesty library please ask in Reception.
Reception is still open, however we are asking that customers stay a distance away from the desk, and where possible please pay by card to reduce cash handling. You can always call us from your Holiday Home or touring caravan on 015242 61272 during office hours.
1922 Bar & Kitchen at Bentham Golf Course is now closed until further notice. The golf course is still open and tee times can be booked over the phone by calling 015242 62455.
Pubs/Restaurants etc are all closed in Bentham and the surrounding areas.
Last update: 17th March 2020.
Here at Riverside Caravan Park, it remains business as usual, though we are mindful and aware of the ever-changing guidance relating to Coronavirus and its continuing spread. We have reviewed our procedures to ensure we are maintaining our usually high standards throughout the facilities buildings.
The information and state of play is subject to change daily and we will update this page as and when changes occur.
For now, we would like to reassure our customers that we will remain open. Access to the fresh air and a chance to escape daily life is paramount to your health and well-being during these unprecedented times. However, if you consider yourself to be vulnerable or a member of your party is, please consider whether this is a sensible time to be coming on holiday.
We do ask that in all cases, if you are showing signs of symptoms, please refrain from using the facilities for the safety and consideration of other guests. Toilet blocks, reception areas and other facilities available at holiday parks can be a source of virus transmission, even though we have robust cleaning practices in place. Therefore, it is suggested that where possible you use the facilities within your own accommodation and where not possible, please ensure you maintain the highest standards of cleanliness for the sake of other guests and staff.
We ask that all guests, visitors and owners follow these simple snippets of advice from the government and a few requests of our own:
- Wash your hands regularly. We’ve provided some inspirational posters in all our wash areas to make the handwashing process a little bit more tuneful.
- Maintain good hygiene practices such as using tissues when you cough or sneeze and dispose safely of this tissue.
- Maintain a sensible distance from other guests and staff members and avoid contact such as handshakes.
- Please pay by card where possible. We are trying to minimise our need to handle cash. Please don’t be offended if our staff wash or sanitise their hands after handling your cash.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 015242 61272 to let us know if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Holiday Home and Seasonal Touring Customers:
If you are self-isolating in your caravan to avoid the virus but have no symptoms, please let us know.
If you are self-isolating in your caravan as you are showing signs of symptoms, then we do ask that you go home if you are well enough to do so. If you are not, please let staff in reception know by telephone (015242 61272) and avoid contact with staff members or other customers. We would prefer that guests stay at home where they have better access to their health care facilities and family for support.
We ask that you refrain from using any of the public access spaces (e.g games room, reception, laundry) if you are self-isolating. If you require any assistance from staff, please contact reception by phoning 015242 61272 and not coming in in person.
We are not changing our policy on supermarket food deliveries so they will still not be allowed on park. As a result, please consider carefully whether you are suitably prepared for a potentially extended stay within your holiday home or seasonal tourer.
In light of the loo roll shortage, there may be a temptation to use wet wipes or alternatives, please be reminded that our sewage system cannot breakdown these and this may lead to blockages. Do not flush any wipes – even ones that suggest they are flushable!
If you wish to cancel your visit, a credit note for the deposit amount will be offered and we ask that cancellations are made no later than the day before your anticipated arrival. Credit notes will have a 12-month validity period on them.
We are no longer able to offer refunds to safeguard staff at Riverside Caravan Park and ensure job security for them during this time of unprecedented pressure.
If you are self-isolating in your tourer as you are showing signs of symptoms, then we do ask that you go home if you are well enough to do so. If you are not, please let staff in reception know by telephone (015242 61272) and avoid contact with staff members or other customers. We would prefer that guests stay at home where they have better access to their health care facilities and family for support. In any case, please inform staff if you have concerns that you are showing symptoms so that we can ensure any areas that you have accessed are suitably treated.
We would advise you to check the following websites for the most up to date information: